Individualized Special Education Coaching
Oak Tree Academy offers one to one coaching services for individual education teams, team members, and parents or caregivers who are feeling as though education meetings have become lengthy and unproductive. Our work includes guiding everyone involved in a child's education through the learning process to help develop an effective program for each student. A positive outcome is arrived at through the work of the team, which includes parents and when appropriate, the child being service. Our goal is to help everyone involved become the best advocate for the child and be fully versed in understanding that particular child's disability and needs.
Letter writing services
Oak Tree Academy Letter Writing Services.
When writing to your child's school, it is important to keep it short and to the point. This letter is not correspondence between two friends, it is a business letter. Here is what we can help you identify:
- Why am I writing?
- Have I identified my specific concerns?
- What are my questions?
- What resolutions am I looking for the school and/or person to provide?
- How should I receive a response? Mail, Telephone, E-Mail?
- Identifying the purpose of your correspondence e.g. Prior Written Notice, Evaluations, New Meeting, Follow Up
individualized Special Education Parent Coaching
- 4 Hours of IEP Advocacy Work
- All communication and advocacy work is completed by phone, email, text
- Hours may be used to coordinate with a local advocate or for research purposes
- Full Individual Education Plan Review, including all progress reports, data and case file history
- Evaluation and determination of appropriate special education needs
- Creating specific recommendation including accommodations and program suggestions for IEP goals
- Helping you develop your communication ability and style to share and negotiate changes, requests, and suggestion
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST THAT ALL HOURS MUST BE USED WITHIN 12 MONTHS.
WE WILL NEED A COMPLETE COPY OF THE CHILD'S EDUCATIONAL RECORDS (IEP'S, TESTING, REPORT CARDS, STANDARDIZED TESTS, DISCIPLINE REPORTS, ETC.) COPIES WILL NOT BE RETURNED AND WILL BE KEPT IN STRICTEST CONFIDENCE.
oak tree academy advocacy background
Trained by Federation for Children with Special Needs
Associate and Bachelor of Arts Degrees in Psychology
Wright's Law Advocacy Training
Master's Degree in Special Education
Neutral Facilitation training with MA Depart. of Education
Non-profit consultation, grant writing, and fundraising